The Growing CBD Skincare Market
Our skin is the largest organ of the body. And just like we exercise and eat healthy to maintain our physical health, we need to be using the right products to protect the health of our skin. Enter in CBD skincare!
Adding CBD to different skincare treatments and cosmetics has become somewhat of a trend, but it’s certainly one that isn’t taking a break anytime soon. The CBD cosmetics market is expected to hit $1.7 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research.
As if cannabis wasn’t already incredible, now it can help us stay beautiful! But don’t take our word for it; just look at what researchers have learned so far.
How Does CBD Work in Skincare Products?
The skincare community has openly embraced CBD as a worthy ingredient to include in product formulas. Even the limited number of studies that exist point toward CBD being a high-quality compound with outstanding benefits.
According to a 2014 study, CBD can reduce lipid production from sebaceous glands. In non-scientific terms, this means it can minimize the amount of oil and excess sebum, both of which cause us to get acne breakouts. It’s also been discovered to be a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
Don’t get CBD confused, however, with hemp oil. It can still be beneficial, but hemp is not an active ingredient and is not known to have any anti-inflammatory properties.
The Benefits of Using CBD Skincare Products
The great thing about CBD skincare products is that you can safely use them every day! And since it’s non-psychoactive, you won’t feel any kind of high from using it.
CBD has been shown to work well for people with inflamed and/or compromised skin, including dry and sensitive skin. It’s especially beneficial when paired with other skincare additives that maintain skin health like peptides, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide.
Some studies found CBD’s therapeutic properties can also help with more serious skin health conditions by:
- Reducing redness, pain, and swelling from inflammatory acne
- Calming irritation caused by eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea flare-ups
- Neutralizing free radical damage, which contributes to accelerated skin aging
When examining the effects of CBD oil in skincare, it’s important to note that the product shouldn’t be considered a cure for any particular skin condition. Rather, it should be viewed as a valuable, top-quality ingredient that supports the health and appearance of our skin. Dendy Engelman, MD, a board-certified dermatologist of Manhattan Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, makes a comment in an article by Byrdie, an online beauty review and news site.
“We have receptors in every layer of our skin which trigger to our body when there is pain, an itch, etc. Topical CBD is designed to help those with pruritic skin conditions like eczema or painful conditions like post-herpetic neuralgia when our body’s signals are going haywire. For example, it is not necessarily targeting eczema, but the hormones that are causing the eczema flare-up.”Byrdie, Confused About CBD Skincare? Here’s Everything You Need To Know
What Should You Look for When Buying CBD Skincare Products?
The number of CBD skincare products out there is insane! That’s why it’s important to do your own research, so you know what you’re putting on your body. Skin health is just as important as physical health!
Remember to keep these things in mind while you’re scouring the shelves or online stores:
- Cannabidiol-infused products contain either full-spectrum CBD oil, broad-spectrum CBD oil, or CBD isolate. CBD isolate is the purest form of the compound. It’s especially good for facial skincare products due to all the antioxidants and because it won’t clog pores, unlike coconut or olive oil.
- Pay attention to the percentage of CBD in a product. The higher it is, the more effective it can be, especially for those dealing with chronic aches and pains.
- Buy from reputable brands with third-party lab testing. A DIY skincare routine is not the way to go. You could end up making your skin issues even worse.
CBD Skincare Recommendations
If you’re having a little trouble deciding on what CBD topical products to try out first, we can help get you started! We’ve included two options from our own trupura CBD line to the list, along with some other top-shelf favorites!
- Trupura Extra Strength Topical Salve
- Trupura CBD Bath Salts In Eucalyptus
- Veritas Farms Full-Spectrum CBD Lip Balm
- Kana Lavender Hemp Sleeping Mask
- Color Up’s Level Up Facial Serum
- e.l.f Cosmetics CBD Eye Cream
- Paula’s Choice CBD Skin Transformative Treatment Milk
You can also add a few drops of our Hemp Oil Tincture to your daily face or body lotion. Or, if you’d like to get really creative, you can try making your own DIY CBD Bath Bomb using this recipe from our blog!
Get Ready for Your New and Improved Skincare Routine!
The CBD skincare industry is here to stay (thankfully), and your skin will be grateful for it. It’s impossible to avoid aging, but no one says we can’t do so gracefully!
Skincare is one of the greatest forms of self-care. Share your routine with us by tagging @trupuracbd on Instagram so we can see your gorgeous face and learn what are some of the best CBD topical products on the market! Start clearing some room on your bathroom shelf because your skincare routine is about to get an update.