CBD for breakfast, anyone? No, this isn’t some new diet trend where you swap food for CBD, though we don’t doubt someone has tried that. All we mean is that we love infusing hemp products into smoothies, eggs, and virtually any other recipe. We think you try supercharging your morning, too!
Incorporating our products isn’t hard at all. Here are some of our favorite ways to consume CBD first thing in the day:
Breakfast Skillet with CBD
Try this CBD skillet for breakfast tomorrow morning, and feel free to swap ingredients you don’t like for some of your favorites!
Ingredients for CBD Breakfast Skillet
- 2 cups bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ cup of mushrooms
- 2 cups of diced zucchini
- 4 cups of spinach
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp of oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of salt (omit if you are watching sodium intake)
- 1 1/2 tsp of of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder or fresh turmeric (fair warning: if you’ve never used turmeric, it will make your food orange, but it’s a powerful anti-inflammatory and doesn’t change the taste much at all in small doses!)
- 1 dropper (30mg CBD) of our flavorless Hemp Oil Tincture
Throw the bell pepper, zucchini, and spices in first. Let them cook until the bell pepper is soft, then toss in the remaining veggies and eggs and cook to your liking. Add the CBD oil in at the very last minute, or even immediately after pulling it off the skillet, and bam – CBD for breakfast!
CBD “Candy Bar” Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
This chia pudding is sweet and delicious, you won’t even feel like you’re eating breakfast! We modified this recipe a bit from Two Healthy Kitchens to incorporate CBD, but we kept the healthy ingredients just as they are:
CBD Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (the lower-fat refrigerated kind, not canned) or other milk of choice (see note)
- 1/4 cup ground or whole chia seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 square (30mg) of our CBD chocolate bar with toffee
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/16 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut (sweetened, shredded)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- optional for serving: additional shredded coconut and sliced almonds, and also a few mini chocolate chips, if desired
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, almond extract, and salt with a spoon or whisk, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- Set aside briefly and stir or whisk again after about 10-15 minutes to break up any clumps of chia seeds. Add 1/3 cup coconut and 3 tablespoons almonds and mix again.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour or two, or overnight. Or, for meal prep, divide it into single-serve containers, layering the pudding with optional additional coconut and almonds as desired, then covering and refrigerating each portion. (The pudding will be soft-set after about 1 hour. But, if possible, we recommend waiting at least 2 hours before eating, until the pudding is creamier and more fully set.)
- Cut trupura’s chocolate bar into manageable chunks (or however you like it, you can also shave the bar if you prefer) and top with chocolate before eating
CBD Chicken and Waffles
We grabbed this Chicken and Waffles recipe from Martha Stewart (a queen of Southern dishes), but we swapped a few things and made it our own. And of course, we added in some CBD in a way that allows for optimal absorption! If you’ve never tried Chicken and Waffles, we’ll go ahead and accept our thanks in advance because it’s truly delicious.
Ingredients for the CBD Chicken and Waffles
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick unsalted grass-fed butter, melted and cooled, plus more, room temperature, for serving
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup avocado oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 pound total), patted dry
- 1 dropper (30mg CBD) of our Chicken and Waffles Tincture
- Pure maple syrup and hot sauce, such as Tabasco, for serving
- Whisk together eggs, 2 cups buttermilk, and butter. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer 1 cup flour mixture to a shallow bowl; fold rest into wet ingredients. Preheat a Belgian-waffle iron; brush with oil. Pour in 1 cup batter; spread, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cook until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in reserved flour mixture. Shake off excess. Dip in remaining 1 cup buttermilk, then again in flour; repeat. Cook in batches until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate and serve, with waffles, butter, syrup, and hot sauce.buttermilk, then again in flour; repeat. Cook in batches until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate and serve, with waffles, butter, syrup, and hot sauce.
CBD Overnight Oats
This is the breakfast for busy people!
Ingredients for CBD Overnight Oats
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of organic milk (dairy or not, your pick)
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: fresh fruit like peaches, strawberries, bananas, and powerhouse add-ins like flax seed, hemp seeds, granola, and your favorite protein powder
- 1 dropper (30mg) of our CBD Oil Tincture
- Lightly heat the milk and trupura tincture in a small saucepan to activate the CBD, careful not to get it too hot!
- Combine oats, milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a mason jar or bowl. Seal with a lid and shake to mix, or stir if using a bowl. (If making a larger batch, you can stir the ingredients together in a bowl.)
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours and up to 4 days. Stir and add toppings right before serving. It’s best to eat it immediately or within 24 hours to retain the cannabinoid content!
- Before serving stir and add any preferred toppings such as peanut butter, chia seeds, blueberries, yogurt, dried fruit, honey, almonds, banana, nuts, etc.
CBD Avocado Toast
You either love avocado toast, or you hate it. For the avo-lovers out there, we’re with you and this recipe is for you:
- 2 loaves of thick Texas toast bread (not the frozen kind, in the bread aisle)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 dropper (30mg) of our unflavored CBD tincture
- ¼ cup (maybe even less, depending on your preference) diced red onion
- ½ cup of chopped spinach leaves
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Lightly heat the olive oil and hemp oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. You don’t want it hot, but gently warm it enough to activate the cannabinoids in the oil
- Chop the onion, spinach, and any other toppings you might like
- Mix the seasonings in a bowl so they’re easily accessible
- Toast the bread to your liking
- Mash up the avocado and spread it on top of the bread
- Drizzle the olive oil and hemp oil on top of the bread
- Optional: add a few squirts of lemon juice to both preserve the avocado and add great flavor to the toast! Serve immediately.
Give CBD-infused breakfast a try and shop trupura today!